mgs

Re: Blade fuse Conversion

To: bruset@home.com
Subject: Re: Blade fuse Conversion
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:58:38 EDT

> While I would have liked to convert to a higher amp alternator (is the
>  Lucas one strong enough for a decent stereo, plus lights?) I'm more
>  interested in the blade fuses. I *loathe* the fuse box in the B now - I'd
>  much prefer to convert over to a more modern design. Anyone know how I
>  might go about this?
>

>  BEN RUSET
>http://members.home.net/bruset
>  The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring              http://mgbhaven.home.ml.org
>  1978 MGB Tourer / 1989 Mercury Cougar

Ben:

I've seen in-line blade fuse holders at the automotive stores. You could just
splice these to the wires that normally go to the fuse box. Since there are
only 4 fuses in the MGB, it shouldn't be too much of a kludge. I used one of
these on my TD in a circuit that wasn't protected.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336