mgs

Re: hard top shuffle

To: bmahoney@home.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: hard top shuffle
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 07:54:25 EDT
Becky:

>...I have located a hardtop for the B ... the problem is that
>it's located in Michigan and I'm in Oklahoma.  UPS won't
>ship... a freight co. ... quoted $750...YIKES!  Anyone have
>any suggestions, ideas, comments, ... just focus
>on getting a big, heavy thing from there to here...

Whereabouts in Oklahoma are you?

Surely there are enough good hearted listers between MI and OK that it
could be "leapfrogged" to you:  MI to IL, IL to IA, IA to KS, KS to
Becky.  In the alternative, you find someone who can get it from Michigan
to Council Bluffs, Iowa, and I'll haul it to Oklahoma for the cost of
gas, coffee, and a turn around the block in your MGB.  Unless, of course,
you're in one of the 'hick' parts of the state; then it would be gas,
coffee, a turn around the block AND ammunition....

However, there is still another option:  A friend of mine has a hardtop
from a '74 RBB for sell for $600.  I haven't checked it out, but I would
be willing to look it over for you and if you decide to buy it, I'll make
the same offer as above.

Hope you have a great day!

Rich
'79 MG Midget "Miss Molly"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"
'89 Blonde Haired, Blue-Eyed Daughter "The Boss"