mgs

MGB thermostat question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB thermostat question
From: ROBRTM3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 12:16:17 EDT
Dear List:

Been running a little warm here in Texas, 100* yesterday and the 77 MGB was
running just below the red on the temp gauge, so I thought I would flush out
the radiator and engine.  I was looking at the thermostat and it has 74 on the
bottom end, is this any indication as the as to degree type of thermostat; and
what type temperature rated thermostat should I be using for hot Texas
weather?  Also, In refilling the system I went with 100% water, partly in
anticipation of replacing the thermostat and refilling again with some degree
of coolant (antifreeze is not an issue here and now), any problem with 100%
water.

Thanks for your help,
Robert Murray
Katy, Texas