mgs

Re: Brakes on 69B

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes on 69B
From: "Frank W Phillips JR" <FWP@vpha.health.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:44:45 EST5EDT
On 10 Jul 98, at 7:43, ccrobins wrote:

> Art,
>
>   Not too sure I'd want to take the temper out of the steel brake line.
> Seems like it be prone to breakage due to vibreation, etc.  A good,
> correctly aligned flare connection won't leak.  Also, one must remember
> that steel lines must be double-flared.

I hope to be leak free from the start, if not???

>   But why replace the steel lines aunless they're rusted out?

As stated in my original post the DPO removed the master cylinder
several years ago. I am doing a rather complete rebuild of the brake
system (I like cars that can stop!). The lines ARE rusted and in need of
replacement and the flare nuts do not turn but twist the line.

Thanks for you views...

Frank Phillips, fwp@ufl.edu
University of Florida
phone: 352-392-7430 fax: 352-392-9395