mgs

Re: MGB Rear End Ratio

To: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Rear End Ratio
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 11:48:31 -0400
Richard A. Boris wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> I validated that my tachometer is reading correctly and checked the
> speedometer to a MGB traveling next to me. The condition I have is in
> forth gear, 4000RPM at 60 MPH. Does anyone know what the rear end ratio
> is? In the next few weeks I will be installing the entire banjo axle
> with a 3.909 ratio.
>

>Thanks: Rich Boris 67 B Roadster

Rich,

My Special Tuning Booklet shows an optional axle ratio for the MGB of
4.55 that gives 15.4 mph per 1000 rpm in fourth gear.  That would seem
to work out right close to your observed numbers.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/