mgs

Re: Old Speckled Hen

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Old Speckled Hen
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:22:03 +0100
On 15/6/98 9:05 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>Wasnt there a thread about this ale on this list a few months back? Well, lo
>and behold, I find our local liquor store (Chardon, Ohio) has the stuff in 4
>pack 14+ oz. cans. So some distributors do carry it. A bit pricey at $6.95,
>but what MG owner could resist? The cans have an interesting little device in
>the bottom that pressurizes the stuff  so that a "smooth creamy" head is
>created when you open it. Pretty neat. Tastes good. Hers to ya. Cheers, Andy

This widget in the can is common with UK draught ales. The trick is to
chill the can first and then turn it completely upside down so that it
pours straight into the base of your glass - don't pour down the side of
the glass as you would with a lager.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk