mgs

Re: MGs in London?

To: bearrobin@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGs in London?
From: Enrique Claure <span@datacom-bo.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:40:42 -0400
At 06:19 PM 5/29/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Where does one go to find all that's MGs in London, England? Collections,
>museums,etc....
>I will be there for only a short limited time so, time factors should be
>taken in to consideration.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Thank you.
>Barry Christ
>e-mail: bearrobin@juno.com

Hi Barry, now that I have stopped laughing here is the advice you need. I
was in the UK a month ago. Lady luck smiled at me in the UK and on those
dates the British Classic Motor show was on. I took the train to Birminghams
NEC and saw hundreds of cars including many MGS. They had what we could call
a swap meet with about 100 stands. Many Many MG parts to wish for but the
prices in pounds sterling were NUTS. All I bought was a
rear lens seal set. Other than that, I can get anything in the states at
least at half the price of.

If you want to take a looks at some cool heavy machines go to the War
museam. If you feel adventurous (SP) go to the Euson station early in the
morn 8am and take the train to Castle Cary. From the station take a cab to
the Haynes Motor Museam. A very nice place to spend about 3 hours. On word
of advice buddy the UK is Expensive.
So be prepared to put down major dough for everything, Enrique

Enrique Claure
PO BOX 777-TOP 196
MIAMI FL 33152
E-MAIL span@datacom-bo.net