mgs

Re: Replacement carpet kits

To: brgmgb@napanet.net
Subject: Re: Replacement carpet kits
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:12:34 EDT
On Mon, 25 May 1998 09:42:46 -0700 don <brgmgb@napanet.net> writes:
>I've been trying to figure out where to get a carpet set for my B GT
>('73 in
>navy) and I am reluctant to buy any of them.  Your experiences are all
>too
>common.  Why does Moss (and others) sell such junk?  Does anyone that
>works
>for them ever try to use their parts?  Do they listen to their
>customers?
>
>I have been told that the carpet sets sold by the MG Owners' Club in
>England
>are very high quality.  I will probably get one from them, but I will
>have
>my fingers crossed!
>
>Don Scott

I must sound like a broken record - and i dont have any interest,
financial or otherwise, but the best carpet kits i have come across (and
i have them in all 3 cars now) are from Scarborough Fair, (401) 724 1357
they make an ordinary kit and a premium one - the premium one is superb
and the ordinary one is perfectly adequate. Both actually fit! I just
paid 225 for the premium one but that was at Carlisle so might be a bit
more on every day prices. I think the ordinary one is about 180
If you REALLY want to go overboard go for a Mike Satur carpet, its
beautifully made, of excellent quality and about $400! - contact Ian
Pender at  eightup@worldnet.att.net
(no financial interest there either!!)

mike robson
69 roadster