mgs

Re: Leakin bat'try

To: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Leakin bat'try
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 06:48:28 -0500
Lets see:

Assuming a battery rated around 50 ampere hours, and that the car could
still start at 25% charge (not unreasonable). This leaves us a useable
charge of 37.5 AH (ampere hours). At 28mA discharge rate, it would take
(37.5 / .028) hours, or  1339.285714286 hours to discharge to the
useable cutoff charge. This is 55.80357142857 days without use.

I don't see this as an unreasonable discharge rate although it might be
a just a little high.

Any comments?

Chuck Schaefer