mgs

British Car Week / Are you doing your part??

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British Car Week / Are you doing your part??
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:47:56 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Ho All,
Well it's finally here, British Car Week, that is and Monday's
sightings included a TR6 and NOTHING ELSE ! I had my 77 B out for about
120 miles or so. Even ran it thru some of the "not so good" parts of
Brooklyn, NY. By the way, in these parts of town I always get the most
compliments on the car, that is between offers to buy illegal
substances or the sexually transmitted disease of my choice. Another
tip here, locking your doors don't do no good when you got your top
down. I recommend drooling and mummling under ones breath with an
occassional louder provanity thrown in if you ever find that your
personal comfort zone is being violated in areas such as these. But I
digress. I'm doing my part, as is Adam (my son) in his 72 B, struting
our stuff (incert shameless plug for Ian Pender's gas strut bonnet and
boot lid kits here. 1-609-890-9261 or e-mail eightup@worldnet.att.net
for info on that). I was a little teed when after I had spent an hour
or so sorting out some kinks in the 75 B's electrics on Saturday I
noticed that my NY State inspection had expired on 5/12. So I'll just
have to make British Car Week a two week affair this year and drive the
75 next week after I get it inspected this coming weekend.

Events notice. I have updated the Eastern USA Events for the British
Car Enthusiast's page again this morning. Located at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html (you really should have
this "bookmarked" if you live on the East Coast)

All for now, drive em if you got em,
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator
North American MGB Register
(e-mailing me your snail mail address will get you an info pack about
the Register)

You can now return to some less commercial posts, already in progress.
Thanks for getting this far along :-)