mgs

Re: Fuel Pump Polarity and Dixon CA. Car Show

To: "KILE, PAUL D" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Polarity and Dixon CA. Car Show
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:15:38 +0000
KILE, PAUL D wrote:

> With regards to SU fuel pump polarity, the older pumps with a condenser
> across the points WILL work for awhile if the polarity is reversed, but
> the efficiency of the condenser at suppressing arcing across the points
> will be reduced.

Hi Paul,

How so.  Is it because of differences in the two halves of the contact
assembly?  I thought the capacity value was too small to be electrolytic and
hence polarity concious.

Had the biggest grin of my life on my face last Wednesday - drove a Formula 1
car in the South of France.  Unbelievable!

Cheers,
PaulH.