mgs

Re: MGB Windshield Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Windshield Question
From: Eric Zambori <eaz@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 06:36:48 -0700
Thanks for the response but I have just one question concerning your
answer.

In the first paragraph you say the main seal "should be continuous till
it disappears under the frame upright".

In the second paragraph you say "The ends of the seal should be
trimmed to be flush with the edges of the uprights".

These two statements seem to contradict themselves.  If trimming is
correct, should I do it prior to installation or when the assembly is
partially installed and still loose enough so the scrap piece can be
removed.

By the way, I installed the main seal a couple of weeks ago.  It took me
an hour and a half.  The tip of my middle finger on my left hand hurt
for about 3 days afterword because of the way I was holding the seal in
place while I used a blunt screwdriver in my right hand to force the
seal into its channel.  I hope I don't need to do this job ever again!

THANKS
Eric Zambori