mgs

Re: ATTN: UK Listers

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: ATTN: UK Listers
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 19:04:04 +0100
On 10/5/98 9:05 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>Sorry to spam the list, but I have a hankering for a UK license plate for
>the front of my MGB (PA doesn't require front plates).  Can any UK listers
>afford to part with on old one, or does the plate stay with the car for
>life?  Thanks for any leads...

The easiest thing would be have one made up. They cost around =A310 each.
If you've got a pre-1972 (I think) car you can have black with white or
silver numbers. Newer cars must have reflective plates - white at the
front and yellow at the rear. A cool new option are EU plates with a blue
strip on the left with the EU flag and 'GB' These cost a bit more. If you
have trouble getting them, do let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk