mgs

Re: Another title question

To: drake@direct.ca (len drake)
Subject: Re: Another title question
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 01:05:12 -0400
--WebTV-Mail-1013467602-8915

This is perfectly legal, as long as you are stamping the original VIN
numbers on the plate.

The point of these title laws is not to harass restorers, but to
actually protect us in the event our cars are stolen.  For instance, if
you bought a car without a title, how do you know it wasn't stolen?
Then, if you give it a "new" VIN number, say from a junker, you are
misrepresenting the identity of that vehicle, and, if you're ever found
out...... well, it sure would look bad.

Not to mention the fact that our Heritage Certificates would be useless.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger