mgs

GT6/Vitesse and MGB Manuals

To: "M.G. List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: GT6/Vitesse and MGB Manuals
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 15:53:43 -0400
I have just come into possession of two original factory manuals to sell
for a friend (unless I decide to buy one or the other!). Both are in vinyl
FOUR ring binders and are in very good condition. It is great to see wiring
diagrams that actually are visible because they go across a double sized
page (11 x 17 ") The binder covers are dirty and show the 'patina' of
dealer use (ie ground in dirt and grease smudges). The pages in both are
surprisingly good...I guess the factory mechanics didn't have to use them
as often as us :-) Most of the pages are still in tact but a few have torn
through at the holes for the binder. The Triumph GT6/Vitesse 2 Litre
Workshop Manual (3rd edition) has a red cover and the MGB Workshop Manual
(11th edition) is finished in a green/blue shade. The MGB manual has many
pages at the back that cover some of the same information in the main
manual. I haven't looked closely enough to see why but I think it may be
that these were the pages removed from the original manual as updates were
provided. If I buy them, what is a fair price? If I don't buy them, they
will go to the highest bidder...anyone interested? Shipping would be from
London, Ontario Canada (or, if you're not in a hurry and are going to TRF's
Summer Party, I could bring them there.

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road