mgs

Re: lug nuts & spares

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: lug nuts & spares
From: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 May 98 16:23:21 +0100
>> I stole a trick from the motor cycle crowd &
>> hollowed out an old spark plug...
>> replace a sparkplug, & start the motor... After
>> all, all a gasoline motor is, is an air pump.

>... you are putting a highly combustible air/fuel
>mixture into the tire.  It will give new meaning
>to the words, "I had a blowout."

A tire shop I used had some lovely photos taped
to the wall showing what was left of another shop
after an encounter with a tire inflated by a
propane-filled 'flat-fixer' can. Yes, sparks are
not common inside a tire, but don't ask me to be
the one inserting the plugging tool into a steel-
belted tire...

Then again, this might have helped me to identify
the kids who kept driving screws into the treads
of my tires when I was parking my S=D0bar=D0 on the
Street in Montreal. (A rather annoying practice,
but perhaps not meriting such a draconian
consequence.)

Douglas McKinnie '72 B-GT