mgs

Stuck clutch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stuck clutch
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 07:52:20 -0400 (EDT)
I took my 74 B on its maiden voyage minus a working clutch.  After sitting for
7+ years I guess it is rusted together.  Several months ago I saw some postings
on how to free it up.  so far I;  1) Jacked the car up, got it running in
second gear, then released the jack.  Though I don't think I had the clutch
depressed when I did that. & 2) Jacked rabbitted it down the road in first
gear, pumping the gas peddle to the floor with the clutch depressed.  Still
locked.

I seem to have good travel on the clutch rod (at the slave cylinder) and there
is good pressure on the clutch peddle.  I am going to bleed the system again,
in case there is any bubbles of air still trapped and probably jack it up
again and drop it while racing it a little harder.  This time I'll be sure I
have the clutch in when I drop it.

Any other ideas on how to free it up?