mgs

Judson

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Judson
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:29:06 EDT
<<Its only about a 30-35% increase in power.  So you're looking at 125HP from
a stock early MGB.  The main reason to have a supercharger, such as a
Judson, is for the kickass coolness factor.  It just looks neat... its like
"wow, dude you've got a Judson on your car."
Some people (ok, me) are willing to spend money to achieve this factor :-)
Kai Radicke ->>

It is nowhere near that sort of increase. The original blower was built for
the 72 bhp MGA 1500. On a good day it would pump out something approaching 90
bhp. On an MGB you might expect to see around 110 if you are lucky. Believe me
(I have used them on B engines) the best feature of the Judson is that they
look nice under the bonnet.
By the way, a friend of mine even runs his without the belt attached sometimes
- it runs fairly well that way, much to my surprise.

Bill S.