mgs

MGA Pricing Guides

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Pricing Guides
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 09:50:05 -0400
I have been lurking on the MGs list for several months, looking for an
MGA to buy for renovation/restoration and generally picking up tips.  In
addition, I have been watching the typical sources for MGAs for sale
(Hemmings, NAMGAR classifieds, etc.) and have uncovered several likely
candidates.

My question for the list is what is a good pricing guide for a complete
runner that is either basically original or has been maintained, but not
subjected to a ground up restoration in the past 10 years or so. I have
seen several examples in the $3,500-5,000 range that seem complete with
out major body or frame rot that run, but would need a lot of work to
make reliable.  Are these prices in line with reality ?

If anyone on the list can point me to the pricing guide that shows the
various grades and related prices, I would be very appreciative.

As I subscribe only to the digest, please email direct to
mw_jordan@mindspring.com

Thanks

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Marietta, GA