mgs

TD Information

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Information
From: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 13:05:01 -0500
Well I finally removed the engine and transmission from the frame and have
come up with some more questions that I'm sure someone can help me out with.

1. Has anyone mounted a TD engine to one of those US style engine stands
where the engine is bolted to the stand using the transmission mounting
bolts holes?  These bolts look a little small to support the weight of the
engine. I would appreciate anyone's advise who has actually done this or
has any other methods to recommend.

2. I believe my support bracket for the rear rubber mounts (under the
transmission) is damaged. The front and back sides (towards the front and
rear of the car) of mine look to be bent out. Can anyone tell me if these
sides are supposed to be straight?

3. I am now ready to remove the front suspension and would like some advise
on the proper procedure.  I don't see any way to use a spring compressor to
compress the coil spring before removing the  assembly from the frame.

Thanks for any help.

Ron Olds