mgs

Electrical woes - Update

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electrical woes - Update
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 16:31:25 -0400 (EDT)
Things are looking up.  I found there is not a direct connection between the
ignition switch and starter relay, but a connection through the "sequential
seat belt control unit".  I didn't install any of the seat belt warning
switches, buzzers or seat belt wiring, didn't think I needed them.  Anyways,
when I jumpered the white/green wire from the ignition switch with the yellow
pink wire from the starter relay (at the sequential seat belt control
unit) the car turned right over when I hit the ignition.  (The car back fired
but did not start.  Help getting it actually start will be my next post)

Any problem with a jumper between these two wires?

Got everything else to work on the car except:
the tach still pegs when the ignition switch is in the run position; and
the fuel pump will not shut off.

The tach is wired as shown in the wiring diagrams.  Any ideas?

I have a new weber carb and a new after market fuel pump rated 1 1/2 to 4 lbs.
My only guess is the float in the carb is not shutting the fuel off. After the
pump runs for a short time you can smell gas around the engine.  No gas leaking
out anywhere.   Open for ideas here also.

The list, as usual, has been a godsend.

My kid my just get to drive the car to the  prom.
Thanks for the help from those who reponded.