mgs

Dual exhaust MGB

To: "MG List" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dual exhaust MGB
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:48:58 -0500
Hello all,
        Has anyone ever tried to fit a dual exhaust to a stock pre-74.5 MGB?
Looking at the downpipe from the header, it seems that it merges from two
pipes into one.  How effective do you think it would be to fit a smaller
adapter to the ends of the cut-off down pipe, lowering the pipe size to
about 1.25"?  From there, route the 1.25" pipe to each side of the car,
adding a muffler to each piece of pipe.  I know it probably wouldn't do too
much for performance, since in effect we have a 2 1/2" exhaust diameter,
but the gee-whiz factor would be outstanding.  Other than the time and cost
that this would take, does anybody have any opinions as to the
effectiveness of this operation?
Michael S. Lishego