mgs

Re: Re. Beefing up

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re. Beefing up
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:18:04 -0800
Littlesuzn wrote:

> These are the mods I am doing on my 1622 +.040 MGA.
> I prefer a different approach.  My engine will look totally stock from the
> outside, but inside........

Looks like a very reasonable spec.  I think you have struck a good
balance between power and drivability.  The engine should give good
service for many years.
        I question your belief that the x-flow head has poorer flow
characteristics at low rpm.  My understanding is that dyno tests with
standard engines do not show a reduction in power using properly set
up SU carbs.  The problems of intake charge flow at lower rpms are
common to modified stock heads too.  Power increases are normally only
seen at higher rpm when cylinder fill becomes critical.
 more in, more out

regards Kelvin.