mgs

Chunnel question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chunnel question
From: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl (Bert Palte)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 98 19:05:01 +0100
Hi fellow listers,

It's been a long time since I've been to Britain and I've always taken
one of the ferries between Holland and Britain.

However, nowadays with the Channel tunnel between France and Britain,
I wonder at which side of the road you drive through the tunnel...
 the R.H. side (as in France) or the L.H. side (as in Britain)?
Or, do you have to cross over, half-way?

(Rene, perhaps there is a parking space somewhere where  you can convert
from LHD to RHD???)  :>))

Just wondering....

Bert

just barely old enough to remember a border crossing where you
actually had to switch from the R.H. side of the road to the L.H. side,
namely between Norway and Sweden (Sweden had L.H. drive until the fall of 1967).