mgs

RE: TRANSMISSION FILLER.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TRANSMISSION FILLER.
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:53:21 -0800
    My '79 MGB has the filler on the right hand side of the gearbox.
    It is accessed from under the car.  I use a suction pump to pump
    oil from a quart bottle into the gearbox.

    My method of filling is :

1.  Jack up the car and put it on stands.
2.  Undo the oil level plug, and insert rubber tube.
3.  Put drain pan under gearbox to catch excess oil.
4.  Use suction pump attached to tube to fill gearbox
    until the oil flows freely out of filler hole.
5.  Lower car off stands to ground level.
6.  Allow excess oil to drain out before raising car
    and re-installing oil level plug.
7.  Once again lower car, knowing that the oil is at the correct level.

    Even though this car has the side filler, it also has that rubber
    grommet between the firewall and the radio, which is used to access
    the dip-stick on "earlier" MGB's.  It's a "bugger" to get back in !!

    Cheerio, Stuart.....'79MGB (with the top down)
Stuart Farmer
2724 Florida St.
Longview,WA 98632         k7wf@kalama.com
Tel: 360-423-1769