mgs

Scratches in windscreen!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Scratches in windscreen!!
From: Marten Dubourcq <dubourcm@db.erau.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 13:56:51 -0500 (EST)
I recently got a used windscreen from a junk yard off a '67 I think it
was.  The glass is virtually perfect, however there are two of those "i
couldn't figure out how it put in new wiper refills"  stratches.  The
type that look white.  Anyway, I took it to a glass shop and they tries
buffing them out.  Most of the small ones came out, but they are still
noticable and to make it worst they are on the drivers side.  Anyone have
any home remedies to at least make them less noticable??  Is it still
worth putting in?  I'm in the middle of a project that's costing me a
fair amount and don't feel like dishing out another $160.00 for a new
one!!  Suggestions?

Marten..  73B