mgs

Re: MGA Rear Wheel Bearing Q's -Reply

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com
Subject: Re: MGA Rear Wheel Bearing Q's -Reply
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:09:42 -0700
Only in Minnesota could you find a company named Gopher Bearing!

Bill, just a suggestion, take the bearings with you.  Gopher Bearing will
be able to cross reference numbers and/or match the bearing.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
==It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast.==

On Mon, 02 Mar 1998 17:19:52 -0600 Bill Eastman
<william.eastman@medtronic.com> writes:
>Midget,
>
>Thanks for the suggestion.  In fact I had called Gopher Bearing (my
>favorite local bearing shop) this morning.  Unfortunately, they could
not
>size the bearings from the numbers that I read on the unit.  I will have
>wait until they are removed, measure them, and try again.  In general, I
>can get bearings locally for about half the price of the British
suppliers.
> I also feel that I can better control quality- getting brand name stuff
>rather than the cheapest bid.  It's all about peace of mind.
>
>Regards,
>Bill Eastman
>61 MGA awaiting a more thorough proctal exam.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]