mgs

Re: Re: Our LBC History

To: vwruss@gte.net, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, HLYDOC@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Re: Our LBC History
From: MGSMGBGT <MGSMGBGT@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 22:08:30 EST
In a message dated 2/27/98 10:28:19 PM, vwruss@gte.net wrote:

>>Thought I would start something new.
>
>>Thought it would be a lot of fun to hear why we started to drive British
>
>Cars,
>
>>or what it is that attracts us to these little cars
In my case it was a ride in an Uncles TR-3 that did the foul deed.  I was used
to GTOs, 442, SS Chevys and other domestic sedans with BIG engines, poor
brakes and a lack of ability to get out or their own way.  That TR3 was
wonderful, until my brother stuffed it into a concrete bridge abutment.
Shortly after that I got my first MG, a '63 B.  I loved the free reving
engine, the handling and the disc brakes.  But I sold it to buy a Chevy when I
finished college and moved to west NE to teach.  A few years later I had a
chance to buy a '57 MGA which I still own. Since then I've owned a P**sche
(over rated!) a '74 GT that I gave my ex as a birthday present, a '74 roadster
that I gave my brother as a birthday present, a second '74 GT to replace my
ex's car, and that may become my next project, a '65 roadster that will become
a Sebring replica, and an '88 Sterling (I know, it is a bastard child, but it
beats a Bimmer) for a daily driver.  My 21 year old son walked into the garage
the other day to lay claim to the '65.  I told him it was his in another 40 or
50 years when I was finished with it.

Bob Shaw
Lincoln, NE