mgs

RE: BEST OF BRITISH (MG) VIDEO

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: BEST OF BRITISH (MG) VIDEO
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 08:27:04 -0800
The video that I ordered last week finally arrived yesterday.
I played it last night and it turned out to be well worth the
money. I was thrilled from start to finish. It is very well done,
showing  the very first MG's right up to the MGF of today. It was
particularly interesting to see shots taken of the assembly line
at Abingdon, and to hear comments by some of the original workers.
They even show a young couple taking delivery of their brand new
MG at the factory and driving it out of the shop.

In 1993 I visited the Morgan "factory" in Malvern, England.
It consisted of a number of sheds which were used to assemble the
cars. These sports cars are all hand made, and very expensive. How
and where they are made is in complete contrast to the Abingdon way
shown on the MG video. No doubt the reason for their cost.

If anyone missed the information on how to obtain this video
I would be happy to post it again.

Cheerio, Stuart
         1979 MGB
Stuart Farmer