mgs

Re: WA MG

To: dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: WA MG
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 12:17:01 EST
Hi Dean,
  With respect to worth, I'll quote from Dick Knudson's MG Buyer's Guide,
1983:
  "Condition, of course, is the prime influence, and the prices on these
three saloons (the SA, VA, WA) really are not all that far apart from one
another. As a price guide, these cars seem to sell somwhere between TC's
and TD's.
  "However, in strictly economic terms, the restoration of one of these,
especially the S and the W, is hard to justify. THe costs, particularly
if much professional work is required, are comparable to what one would
pay to do a Bentley/RR/Jaguar of that vintage. The value of the completed
car is just not there simply because it is an MG, not a
Bentley/RR/Jaguar.  It is perhaps unfortunate but it is true and buyers
should be aware of this anomaly in the "cheap and cheerful" MG thinking."
 But they are beautiful cars....
Bob

On Wed, 04 Feb 1998 09:13:52 -0600 Dean Crowley
<dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>Just got a call from a friend wanting to know if I was interested in a
>WA.( 1938).
>What would it be worth all complete, running in need of restoration.
>       Also, what is the history of the badges for the badge bars.
>How did it start.
>What do they stand for? Why do we put them on our cars? Just curious.
>Pick up my badge
>bar today and do not have any badges for it.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]