mgs

Re: Oil Filter: Round 3 (Clang!)

To: ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu
Subject: Re: Oil Filter: Round 3 (Clang!)
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 19:59:51 EST
        Yep, there sure is!!  Sometimes, if you put on of those spin-on's
really, really tight w/ out first slicking up the gasket  and/mating
surface, the built in gasket will grind itself into oblivion.  These
usually leak like the proverbial sieves but I guess you could tighten it
tight enough, metal to metal, to not leak.  I've seen stranger things.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

There is no problem that cannot be solved
with either a checkbook or high explosives.

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:10:37 -0500 "Gary A. Graham"
Btw, is there supposed to be a gasket between the spin-on adapter and the
engine?