mgs

MG's by badge only

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG's by badge only
From: hert@worldaccess.nl
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 97 08:26:37 GMT
1. Last night I parked nose to nose with an MG I forgot about completely, and
the listers in the
States may never have seen: the MG version of the BL/Austin/Mini Metro, the
predecessor of
the Rover 100. I think it was a non-turbo. The license plate was from 1984.

2. In last month's Classic & Sportcar are some pictures and history of the Lynx
and the TR7,
including MG-badged TR design varieties. Brrr. I can e-mail them if anybody
wants them.

3. In 1981 I was quiely waiting for a traffic light when I was hit by an MG
1300, another
badge-engineering feat of BL. (The lady driving it was I a hurry because she
left her baby at
home while she went shopping.) The 'MG' was a total loss.

Peter
74B