mgs

Re: LE wheels

To: Joe Tripp <sawhorse@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: LE wheels
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:35:57 -0700
Joe Tripp wrote:
Joe,
        I rescued a set of aluminum Chrysler wheels from a junkyeard a few
years
ago.  They were in similar shape, so I stripped the whole thing using a stiff
wire
wheel mounted to a hand drill, which took about a day per wheel.  I masked the
aluminum and sprayed the rest of the painted area.  I sanded the aluminum
again, then
had them sprayed with polyurethane a few times.  They are still in very fine
shape,
three years later.  I also stripped the clearcoat from another set of aluminum
wheels
and left them bare.  About once a year I had to wire brush or sand the rims to
keep
the aluminum shiny.  Hope this helps.  Oh yeah, these wheels stood up to a
collective
5 Pennsylvanis winters without any noticable side effects...Good luck!
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College