mgs

Re: pat bailey's valve grind

To: FrankK@businesson.com
Subject: Re: pat bailey's valve grind
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:07:35 EDT
On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:21:23 -0700 "Frank R. Krajewski"
<FrankK@businesson.com> writes:
>pat:
>In lieu of the suction cup method, which I find frustrating when
>constantly losing suction, for valve lapping since I didn't think you
>were going to grind your own valves is another "shade tree" method
>that
>I employ. Slide a piece of the appropriate size hose or gas line over
>the stem of the valve on the top side of the head and twirl it in your
>hands, pulling the valve up toward you with the appropriate amount of
>pressure to effectively lap the valve much the same way you would with
>the suction cup method. Hope it works for you as well as it works for
>me.
>Frank Krajewski

  A variation on the above, is to force an appropiate sized drill bit
into the open end of the hose and using a variable speed drill motor at
LOW speed, spin the valve, lifting it off the seat regularly. much faster
and lots easier on the palms of the hands
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget