mgs

Re: 76 MG-B

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <Teacher122@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 76 MG-B
From: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:10:07 -0500
>Jed,

>     I'm considering the purchase of the Weber downdraft system.  Did it
make
>a big improvement in performance?  Someone else has already recommended
the
>twin SU's, but I'm having difficulties believing that it would be that
much
>better.

>Tom Green
>1979 MGB

Tom -

If your engine is in good shape overall, valves, cam, pistons, rings, etc.,
you will notice a significant improvement in performance after installing
the Weber.  I took my installation one step further by also removing all
the original pollution equipment, which may also contribute to my
satisfaction with the DGV swap.  I realize, of course, that removing the
original pollution equipment from your car may not be an option, due to
federal, state, local laws or personal objection.  However, even with the
pollution equipment in place, you will likely be very pleased with the DGV.

It is my opinion that many MG owners will recommend the twin SU's over the
Weber simply because that is what they are familiar with.  It really comes
down to the amount of time and money you're willing to spend on your
carburetor swap.  In that respect alone, I feel the Weber is a better
choice for post 74.5 MGB's.

Happy motoring,

Jed Piper
76B