mgs

DCO coolant recovery system

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: DCO coolant recovery system
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:24:56 -0700 (PDT) (22:24 UT)
  Tintin and Milou tend to spit coolant on a hot day, especially after a
hill climb.  So while fiddling in the garage one day, I decided to
try a home-made coolant recovery system.  I plugged a length of poly-
propylene tubing into the radiator overflow, and rigged wire cradle
for a one-pint drinking water bottle.  I hung the bottle off the side
of the front of the radiator.  It works better than hoped for!
Coolant is not only discharged into the bottle, but it then gets
sucked back up, too!  I have just a standard radiator cap from Moss.
Now I have to find something that looks less like a bodge!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*