mgs

part info.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: part info.
From: oddguy@juno.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 20:34:58 -0700
        I am looking for inside door pulls for 59 MGA COUPE.   New  or
good used would be                      great, Seeings how I have
none.
                                                                        As
a side note. On overdrives, The oil pump is accessible from under the
filter screen but this          rarely  causes a problem. I have
rebuilt numerous OD units and two problems come to
mind.           #1 The 3/4 gear switch  was corroded internally
causing a voltage drop at the solenoid. This                    only
showed up after the OD was switched on for a few seconds. New switch, end
of
problem.
While testing a unit, It was very slow to come up to pressure. After it
built pressure, It wouldn't             come down even if I stopped
spinning it. Turns out it was a bad solenoid, New  solenoid, end
of              problem.

                                                Both
of these tests can be done in car if you have proper testing equipment.

                Oddguy@juno.com