mgs

Re: MGA interiors.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA interiors.
From: Michael MacLeod <macleodm@cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 10:40:39 -0600
I did my MGA thusly:
        Carpets from Moss (best quality)  excellent carpets.
        Interior kit from Scarborough Faire.  I selected the Scarborough Faire
product over the Moss (and others) because of the colour.  It was a
bright scarlet that "stood out like dog's balls" against the stunning
black finish of my car.  The Moss Red was a little less striking than
this one.  In retrospect I probably made a mistake.

        Although the colour is still attractive,  the leather surfaces do not
stand up to wear very well.  The vinyl surfaces, door panels, dash etc.
are holding up well, although the fold-overs don't stick down well.
Sacrborough Faire offers to sew the vinyl onto the panels to solve this
problem.  But I opted for the more original look.  I thought the sewn
panels looked "cheap", I still do.

        I should also point out that this car has nearly 20,000+ miles and 7
years on the new interior.  Perhaps this is not unreasonable wear.

        Good luck on your search!
--
Michael MacLeod   From Alberta,  on the Eastern slope of the Canadian
Rockies