mgs

Re: 3M Rubberized Undercoating on inside floors

To: "David M. Hall" <dhall@vcd.hp.com>
Subject: Re: 3M Rubberized Undercoating on inside floors
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 21:04:00 -0400
At 05:50 PM 8/5/97 -0700, Craig Wiper wrote:
>At 01:28 PM 8/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hey all..
>I'm planning on using rustoleum rusty metal primer, and rustoleum flat
>black over that.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Dave Hall

Dave and all, I recently purchased a product at my local hardwarehouse.  It's
for metal roofs, RV roofs, and other assorted metal pieces exposed to the
elements.  I think the product was called Snow Roof, or Something similar.
You just clean up the metal really well and apply the gooo with a brush.
It dries under the heat of the sun and claims to be able to seal motor home
roofs and RV  roofs for 20 years.  I don't know if they're blowing me a line
of Sh?t, but it only cost me $20 for a gallon of this stuff.

Problem for me was that it was raining while I put this stuff on my
floorboards
and drying, or rather lack of drying, was a problem.  No sweat I said, though.

Three days later I made the 6.5 hour trek from Memphis, TN to Atlanta,GA in
85 degree heat.  I'm sure the combination of the outside heat coupled with my
exhaust pipe heat cured that stuff to no end.

Just a thought;  I know for sure that the 3M stuff will work.  3M products are
always excellent, but expensive.  gEt what you pay for.
BTW, the 3M spray adhesives are excellent for gluing your rubber sill mats to
the car.  Also, I know of a place that sells original rubber sill mats and
floor mats for $80 a set for the MGB.  Let me know if you're interested, and
I'll look up that number.

Jay