mgs

Re: in-car heat

To: mliggett@bluemarble.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: in-car heat
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:34:22 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-30 19:53:40 EDT, mliggett@bluemarble.net (Matt
Liggett) writes:

<< nstead of fiberglass insulation (itch-itch), I plan to try a product
 called Reflectix on my firewall, trans tunnel, floors.  It's foil on 2
 sides with some plastic bubble stuff between.  It's used in the attics
 of homes in very hot/sunny climates to prevent heat gain.  I have seen
 it used on a TR-3 around here, but never asked the owner if it worked
 well.  I will report later.  You can get it your local home
 improvement megalomart.
 --  >>

Guys,
Have used this stuff on my Tiger (now here's a car that gets no-s--t HOT
inside in the summer) and am happy to report that it works like a charm.
One drawback---if water gets down to the floorboards, the aluminized coating
won't let it out.  Results- Rust!

It's doable, but take precautions.

Ray