mgs

Re: Painting TD gas tank end panels

To: rdonahue@holli.com
Subject: Re: Painting TD gas tank end panels
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:31:45 EDT
Never worked on a TD in my life but I have been around paint.  If you are
going to remove tape, do it somewhere between wet and dry, erring on the
wet side.  Start w/ an area that will not show.  Pull the tape off at a
45 degree angle over the stripe (or other color) and watch for "strings".
  If it pulls off cleanly, proceed.  Don't yank as it will booger up the
paint if some sticks.  Do it very slowly and watch as you do it.
Maddingly slow, but functional.  Speed it up and I promise you will be
sorry.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com