mgs

Re: su rebuild (hif4)

To: RDWILLI@VM.SC.EDU
Subject: Re: su rebuild (hif4)
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:24:07 -0500 (CDT)
robert williford writes:

> rebuilt the front carb on the 73 'b this evening.  what is the best
> means of setting the float?  haynes manual specifies .04" (+-.02")
> [1.mm (+-.05mm)] should be the distance between a certain point on the
> float and the lip of the chamber.  haynes neglects to give a clear
> diagram as to what point on the float this measurement is to be taken
> (or at least its unclear to me...).

It looks to me to be a point lying on a line perpendicular to the float
pivot pin and passing through the center of the circle scribed by the
float chamber.  In other words, roughly at the center of the little
curved depression on the float.  I have to do this to mine today.

> todd mullins has been of great help
> in this matter (thanks todd!),

*blush*

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with dirty carb float bowls