mgs

Re: Lazarus survived the parade!

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lazarus survived the parade!
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 97 16:39:37 -0400
Hello??? Bud Krueger

>Hi listers,
>       Wonderful LBC day. Had the priveledge of chauffering the Parade
>Marshall for the Town of Plymouth (Mass.) 4th of July parade. (Told
>people that the car was the 'spoils of war').  Three+ miles of travel in
>first gear, temperature in the high 80's, hot sun with a very slight
>breeze. Lazarus is from the days before water temperature gauges, but he
>does sport a motometer on the radiator cap. Never lost sight of the top
>of the mercury, the oil pressure, at idle, stayed at about 30psi. and
>there was never a wiff of clutch lining, nor an unintentional slippage.
>Lazarus was quite content to roll along at idle speed (approx. 500 rpm)
>in first gear. Except for the 4.3 MGA rear end gears the car is totally
>stock. Got a lot of good comments. People loved the folded windscreen.
>What LBC's are all about.
>
>Bud Krueger
>52TD
Missed the "Lights of Lansdale" Parking lot this year. When I was in the
NW of Arkansas we (BSCNWA)  were always invited to the parade. Spent
about 6 hrs  (from 4 - 10) one AM putting the finishing touches on the
suspension on Sat AM just to make the parade. We had Little Miss AR
sitting on the folded top just 'cuz we had a cool looking car.
                                                ^^^^
What a blast.

Larry Macy
78 Midget