mgs

Re: locks

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: locks
From: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:20:10 -0400
Larry Macy wrote:

> I met a guy at Carlisle that can cut a key from the number on the lock.
> Yes you probalbly have to remve the lock anyway to find the number it
> should be FSxxx or something like that.

I've never had mine apart, but from everything I've read, the only place
they put the key number (on the vehicle) was on a sticker on the
windscreen.   (And the owners manual spicificaly instructed the buyer to
remove it right away.)

Bobby
77 MGB   (Green with black spots)

--
                                       Bob De Weese
                             Certified Professional Locksmith

*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *