mgs

Free ribcase tranny in Seattle

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Free ribcase tranny in Seattle
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:33:57 -0700 (PDT)
For parts.  You pick it up.
It came out of my car recently because a tooth on the layshaft (I think)
is broken off.  In first and reverse, you could hear a clunk on every
revolution.  Before this happened it would rattle in fourth on the
freeway, indicating worn bearing (I think).  Synchros were fine and it
generally worked great around town.

Now I have a Datsun 5-speed and love it.

                                                           '67 Sprite