mgs

Re: Weber DGV 32/36

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV 32/36
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 18 Feb 1997 16:02:07 -0600
In <330A1F07.6340@ix.netcom.com>, John Nelson wrote:
>A friend of mine has a 1965 MGB. He replaced the stock  SU’s with a
>Weber DGV 32/36 carburetor. The car now seems to be running lean. When
>it’s cold,  it coughs back through the carb and it has a hesitation in
>it.  He also has to constantly play with the choke to keep it running.
>The car is in Southern California, so we’re talking  about 40 to 50
>degree weather.  If anyone on the list has any experience with jetting a
>Weber DGV 32/36, your help would be appreciated. If you need any
>additional information, you can contact me at psychod@ix.netcom.com, or
>Dennis (owner of the car) at MGBRED65@aol.com

You probably don't need to mess with the jets unless you have other
symptoms.  Bottom line:  If the car runs well when it's warm, leave
the jets alone.  The DGV does not have an adjustable choke linkage.
The usual problem is that the choke and the idle kicker are not
well-coordinated.  Solution:  _Bend_ the wire connected to the choke
butterfly until it runs better when cold.

                        A. B. Bonds