mgs

Re: Names and all that sort of thing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Names and all that sort of thing
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 00:21:39 -0500 (EST)
>Nothing says TOUGH like the AMC Cricket.
>
>Well, you've unintentionally proved the point.  The Cricket was, if I am
>not sorely mistaken, sold by Chrysler, not AMC, and it was a british
>car.  Don't know who was to blame for the name.

The Cricket was a Plymoth.  It came in a 4 door and was built by the Rootes
Group, which was owned by Chrysler in its final days.  It was imported to
compete with the Japanese cars in the mid-70's.  An interesting side note is
that since the Sunbeam Tiger was a Rootes Group car with a Ford motor, you
had Chrysler mechanics performing warantee repairs on a British car with a
Ford motor.

We have more fun at work re-naming cars.  I enclose a few for your
entertainment:

Ford Perspire (Aspire)
Mercury Mistake (Mystique)
Ford Exploder (Explorer)
Dodge Dinosaur (Dynasty)

I'm sure there are tons more, Have fun with the new twist on this thread.

David Riker