mgs

Re: Re[2]: MG Magnetts, etc

To: william_hayes@icpphil.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Re[2]: MG Magnetts, etc
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:01:56 EST
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 07:55:27 -0500 william_hayes@icpphil.navy.mil writes:

>I had a girlfriend that was a rocket scientist too. I took her to our
>old family
>cemetary to show her the progression of my ancestors, and we noticed a
>
>gravestone with too young children who both died on the same day in
>1852. She
>said, "They must have gotten killed in a car accident."
>
>Bill
>58 MGA
>
>In a message dated 97-02-10 11:26:30 EST, thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
>(Thomas J
>Pokrefke) writes:
>
><< I was walking across campus one day last spring and saw a Jag XK-E.
> stopped to admire it when 3 sorority girls walked past.  One of them
>saw
> the "4.2" badge on the trunk lid.  "Oooh!", she said.  "This car was
>made
> in 1942!"
>  >>

OK OK OK.....I cant resist it though i HAVE tried but nw its got to "dumb
girlfriend" anecdotes i am sure i have the tops! (incidentally, nothing
sexist intended - she just happened to be MY girlfriend.)
As an immigrant to the new world I naturally made it a quest to apprise
the native female population of the benfits of British men.....One lady
of whom i was inordinately fond came with me on a trip to England. She
had never been there before and whilst she had a degree in Anthropology,
was spectacularly naive about anything beyond the shores of the U.S.
 I swear that the following are totally true quotation

1)whilst standing in the rain on Brighton seafront in February
"Are there any tropical parts of England?"

2)"Do they drive on the other side because all the cars have the steering
wheels on the wrong side?"

3)On a bus tour passing the Houses of Parliament the guide referred to it
as The Palaceof Westminister
"Oh! - thats where the Queen lives isn't it?"

There were more......................I miss her very dearly.!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster