mgs

Thanks, Barney

To: mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Thanks, Barney
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 10:46:41 -0600
Barney,

Thank you for your thorough, well written reply to my crank questions.
Your knowledge will save me hours of indecision and worry this winter.

In the past, I have done most of my "mind expansion" by experimentation/
trial and error.  This list and its members are a resource of immense
value.

I am sure that I will still try things on my car just to see what the
results are- heck, that's half the reason that I like old cars.  Hopefully
the knowledge that has been shared by this list will save me from making
some costly mistake.  I can't count the number of times that I have gotten
that terrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I realize that
my feeble attempt at automotive repair has just cost me big bucks.  Like
when you break a ring putting it on a pistion or when you find a couple
extra frendle pins just as you put the last screw in.  Or when you realize
that the fragile, irreplaceable part that you  removed should have been
pushed in and turned or you will break the retaining tabs...

Regards
Bill Eastman
61 MGA