mgs

Re: HS-6 manifold

To: Gombos@aol.com
Subject: Re: HS-6 manifold
From: Shel Bercovich <sbercovi@cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 23:44:44 -0700
There will probably be lots of fiddling to do with carb needles. I've
got a Downton Stage II head and HS6 carbs from the '71 B-GT that I had.
Put them on my '74 and have extreme amounts of trouble with the fact
that the lower compression 18V engine runs hotter than the older 18GK
and therefore the d.... carbs percolate when the air temp gets anything
above 20 deg C (68 deg F). (Am also running with a set of Downton
headers). Haven't found a set of needles yet that will rememdy this.
Anyone got any good ideas?

Gombos@aol.com wrote:
[snip]
> What I'm thinking about doing is upgrading the head and putting on a
> pair of HS-6s.
[snip]
Shel Bercovich  sbercovi@cadvision.com      trcr@canuck.com     /\
Join the Trail Riders of the Canadian Rockies (Non-Profit)     /  \
    See our WEB pages at: http://www.canuck.com/~trcr         / /\ \
                   Or at: http://www.cadvision.com/trcr      / /  \ \
        "Come Ride with Us in Banff National Park"